View Single Post
Old 11-25-2007, 04:49 PM

Default Re: 100NL: QQ on an AA board

This was my first time playing online cash in months...I usually bet the flop here but I was suspicious of the c/r from this player on that flop and as I had been really active at the table.

I checked behind for this reason and the fact it can also make it look like I flopped trips or a boat. So that being said when he c/r me on the turn I seriously considered mucking my hand but I eventually called. My line of thinking was that he would've led at the turn with an Ace with the FD out there and the fact that I checked behind on the flop.

I guess my thinking could be flawed here and maybe I did misplay the hand by not c-betting that flop but given the way the hand played I think I'm probably ahead of his range here most of the time unless he flopped the boat (the only other way I could see him checking the flop & turn to me).

So he ended up having Jh8h and he bricked the river and I scooped. I'm a profitable tourney player and I'm new to cash and am looking to learn the ropes. Thanks for the help