View Single Post
Old 11-25-2007, 03:31 PM

Default Re: Wong Teasers, Week 12

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
anyone betting teasers earlier this week would've gotten nyg-7, jax-7.5, and carolina+3...

you have a lot to learn

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this some sort of sick level?

However, I did lose the 2 on Jax. I'm sure the fact I didn't just donk two "half wongs" would more than make up for that fact, but whatev.

[/ QUOTE ]

pop quiz hot-shot, which is worth more after a 6pt tease: +3 -130 or +2.5 -110? how about -7 -120 or -7.5 -110?

how about waiting til the last min and lose jax -9 when they're available -7.5 all week?

[/ QUOTE ]

Since you're obv claiming expert status. If we can assume 50/50 line moves each way... Whats the theoretical gain v loss if they randomly move either direction?

I mean that 9 is a pretty crucial point, I'd hate to lose it.

PS: Can you FMP to an error again?

[/ QUOTE ]

i have no idea what this means, randomly either way? are you talking about the point spread or the amount of action?

if we're talking about amount of action then the expectation is neutral. if you're talking about the point spread obv you lose more moving from +3 -130 to +4 then to +2, however argument is baseless as it will take a lot more action to move it from +3 -130 to +4 then from +3 -130 to +2. in other words, if projection of action movement is 50-50 then you lose NOTHING. b/c the books will NOT move +3 -130 to +4 based on the same amount action that will persuade it to move from +3 -130 to +2.

the -9 was a point to demonstrate to you that line movement prediction is important yet irrelevant in this argument.