View Single Post
Old 11-25-2007, 01:06 PM

Default Re: Ask mmbt0ne about another poster. Round 2.

[ QUOTE ]
Tone,

Please excuse my tone in the following sentences (haha im not funny) seriously though, its gonna sound like I might be ripping on you but im not.

Since you are such an experienced bbv4life hater/lurker tell me or bbv4life as a communitty what we are doing wrong. Leave out the single word posts and youtube link only posts please as I am well aware how dumb they are already. Try not to think and express your views on how bbv4life should be according to OOT standards.

We are OOT, we are just a very unfiltered and raw version.

Conspire

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a good question, and I think I can explain a lot of why I feel how I feel.

The problem isn't necessarily immaturity, because there is a lot of funny immature humor. The problem is immaturity that isn't funny for any other reason. It's kinda like...wedgies vs "sounds like my prom night." Wedgies are kinda funny when you're really young, but soon become painful to be a part of and watch. "Sounds like my prom night" is pretty freakin funny when used correctly and sparingly. It's a funnier and much less commonly used "That's what she said" and is good for at least 2 huge laughs it you break it out in group situations.

For instance:
Friend A: how was that new recipe you tried for dinner?
Friend B: Fast, cheap and easy.
You: Sounds like my prom night.

Or:

Friend A: I heard Randy left the Merchant Marine academy?
Friend B: Yeah, actually he got dishonorably discharged.
You: Sounds like my prom night.

Anyway, this isn't an "ask mmbt0ne about being ridiculously witty" so we'll leave it at that.

Some things that I think are wrong with BBV4L:
Super quoting for no reason
Fast posting (as demonstrated by nutsflopper)
A billion rip-off posts (can't link so will explain). It's like, someone makes a post called "What do you think about this flock?" and then suddenly there are 20 more threads about a clock, a rock, a sock, a dock, a block, a lock, a crockpot, a mock trial team, and a Barack.

In fact, I think that's a lot of what's wrong with BBV4L. It's not that there aren't lots of good quality posters in there. It's that there are about 5 times as many who try to imitate the good ones but just can't pull it off. Rather than taking the good parts of BBV4L and molding them into their own posting personality, they copy exactly what another poster did. It makes the forum very repetitive to read, and takes away from the funny of one poster when a bunch of unfunny imitators try to steal it.

Be immature BBV4L. Relish in it. Lots of us had fun in high school by making these kind of jokes, and we still enjoy them. However, be your own funny. Don't be Dane Cook.