View Single Post
Old 11-25-2007, 12:25 PM

Default Re: Ask me about financial success to spending 2 years state prison

Hawk,

Most of the guards (co) were alright. At the worst they were a stickler for rules, ie. write you up for smoking. At the very worst they were [censored], like the co who wrote me up when I had my hand on the inside of my gf thigh in visit. But I didnt see any that were abusive. Some I had conversations with, but you definitely did not want to be known as one who always spoke to the co's.

Miss,

No rita, but I did read the count of monte cristo in there 1400 pages.

Tornado,

The day I will never forget is when our SEC lawyer called us and said he was contacted by the Da. The incompetent ADA called him by mistake, essentially tipping him that my office was involved in an investifgation. LOL, at the end of the conversation the ADA told my lawyer "dont say anything".

Our SEC guy said we should probably think about talking to criminal lawyers. We were like "huh". I still did not think it was a big deal until a week later, when our new criminal lawyers went down to the DA to see what was up. They came back and told us that the DA truly believes we did something wrong. My "fun life" ended there. For the next 9 months our lawyers were trying to prove to the DA we were in no way involved with criminal activity and had no idea what the other ofices were doing. Like I wrote in a previous post, a lawyer told us woith this DA "God himself could come down and tell him he is wrong , and he still wont believe it".

So 9 months after learning about the investigation wwe were indicted. Our lawyers filed what I thtought were fabulous motion to dismiss (which rarely happens) and 1 year after indictment was a trial.

Oddly enough, I never saw a fight, saw threats but no fights.The atmosphere in my jail was I guess very laid back relatively speaking.