View Single Post
Old 11-25-2007, 09:41 AM

Default Re: 2007-2008 NBA MVP

[ QUOTE ]
There's nothing in this post that didn't suck.

[/ QUOTE ]
I like a man who relies on logic and reason.

[ QUOTE ]
Recape: you complain that Lebron has more talent around him than Kobe (which is hilarious since his team is as good or worse at every position except maaaybe point, and his bench is worse),

[/ QUOTE ]
Whaaaaaa?
Ilgauskas is superior to the Lakers C trio. A big 7'3" C who reliably produces 15/8 w/ a couple blocks a game? Give the Lakers a year and Bynum will eclipse him imo, but right now it's not close.
Hughes is better than Walton on both ends of the floor.
Gibson is worse than Fisher imo, but it's close.

At worst, it's a push - and that's clouded by this season where the non-Kobe Lakers have looked better than they are and the non-LeBron Cavs have looked worse (except for Z).

[ QUOTE ]
you then decide that only Duncan and Nash (best supporting casts in basketball...) should be the only ones n the conversation except KG (other best supporting cast in basketball) "if" Boston wins 50+ (has to be at least even odds).

[/ QUOTE ]
What's your point? As another posted noted, we already had long thread about the best player in the NBA. The MVP is a subset of that discussion and I don't know how you can rationally get anyone into that duo (or trio) this season. Putting up silly bulk doesn't get past the fact that your team isn't that good. If the Cavs win 50, he should be in the conversation - but Duncan's probably still the Most Valuable Player for the 07/08 season. Dominant defensively (LeBron isn't even close) and changes the face of the game on offense (LeBron also does this).

No clue what you're getting at with the Boston comment. I didn't say anything about likelihood (certainly better than even odds).

[ QUOTE ]
Then you bitch about Dirk winning an award he deserved, comparing him to one of the best players at his position winning an award that he also deserved.

[/ QUOTE ]
He only deserved it if both Duncan and Nash withdrew their names from consideration and didn't alert the media. And Malone wasn't even close to deserving it in 97. Have you heard of this Jordan fellow?

[ QUOTE ]
I award you no points, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]
Your point system will always be my guiding light.