View Single Post
Old 11-25-2007, 07:43 AM

Default Re: Pooh Bah Post tl;dr

In my experience you have to get used to variance at each level individually. (It's not that different but the absolute value is...which can affect your emotions and therefore affect your playing.....disagreements?) I maybe be wrong.

However, let's say 50NL.... I was not good and then I started gettting good and I was beating it...then I was playing 100NL and I was doing dumb [censored] and I was being overagggro and throing away money.

Then I got used to 100NL and got used to having variance at that level which meant bigger swings.

Looking back I find it funny that the swings at 50NL at the imte meant nothing to me and the ones at 100NL were like god hitting me in the face.

In my opinion everything else being equal it is a comfort level thing....and when you immediately move up you will not be comfortable with the the monetary amounts....you should an hopefully will become comfortable with htis very quickly especially if you turn out to be a winner up there.

This is related to your bankroll which needs to be big enough to accomodate you.

Also taking a shot of a set # of BI'S's may help with this....I have never tried this though so I have no personal opinions to offer.