View Single Post
Old 11-25-2007, 06:09 AM

Default Re: chopsticks, fried rice, white people

yes, i was born and raised in the US.

i guess you can attribute my "paranoia" to watching too many movies involving food tampering in restaurants.

being described or referring to myself as yellow, just sounds bad. think of it the same way as when ppl think twice when calling those that are essentially black as either black or african. you know what i'm talking about. comedy tv shows love to parody this situation. it's always a bit awkward, but still funny for the 3rd person pov. most choose the latter to sound pc. it is the same for yellow/asian.

yes, i am a native english speaker. even though i'm 1st gen chinese/vietnamese, i found english to be much easier to learn and use.

i see you went ahead and got technical with the above described example of the socks/sandals combo taken from the japanese culture. It's more of an exception rather than the rule. when i describe the socks/sandals combo as being "super-white," i mean socks with the sandals like the one on your avatar. that specific style i would characterize as "super-white" as i believe only white people would sport that look.

...i think i cleared everything.