View Single Post
Old 11-25-2007, 04:55 AM

Default Re: KK - Anything Different?

* g *

3-bet the flop and lead any turn. Waiting to turn doesn't help in protecting your hand because it's too big anyway.

Your only hope of doing that would be if you lead turn and MP1 raises facing Button with 11.5:2 which would make it a mistake to call with gutshots or bottom pair hands and the like. However, you can't trust unknown MP1 to raise it and if he did it chances are you'd be behind anyway.

A C/r plan doesn't look as the most likely turn bettor is to your immediate left and the most likely draw is between you and him -> you can't face the draw with two bets by going for a c/r

At least Button looks like he is on a draw. MP1 is most likely betting some sort of made hand that is weaker than yours. Your BDFD helps too in giving you a redraw is the flush completes on the turn. So all hands to pumping value. 3-bet, like you said.

On the turn, I like the check to see what happens, planning to call a Button raise drawing to the flush. Now that the Button only calls makes me wonder if we could still be ahead MP1 and Button also. C/r for value? I don't hate the call even if it feels a bit weak.

As played, I think same applies as on the turn. Button didn't complete his draw so maybe we still beat MP1. So when it is HU back I'm tempted to raise. But call is fine too.

However, b/c would work for me on the river as well. I'm still not convinced MP1 has a better hand than us because we have underrepresented our hand. If we donk, he probably doesn't raise although I don't think our donk looks like the backdoor straight either.