View Single Post
Old 11-24-2007, 10:34 PM

Default Re: Official Review Thread: PaddyByrne $10/$15K win

Firstly thanks for the reply betgo. I guess most of hands were fairly standard then if there were only the 7 hands that you found to comment on, which I guess is a good thing as it means I'm playing well [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

41 - I went through I phase a while ago where I did push marginal hands like this a while ago but I kept getting called by players who had limped with hands like TT or AQ/AK so I stopped doing it. That was mostly on crypto though so I'm not sure how different it would be on stars.

71 - as I said earlier I'm not quite sure what I was thinking in this hand. I assume I misclicked preflop to minraise and I don't know why I didn't c-bet the flop. I don't think bluffing the river for any amount is very good tbh since he rarely folds any pair and I'm beating 99% of unpaired hands.

121 & 122 - I agree I definitely should have shoved at least one of these, especially as blinds were about to go up. Not shoving meant I ended up having to shove the 75s UTG with an M of <3.

212 - I think I have a problem with calling shortstack pushes too tight outside of the blinds, I'm not quite sure how much I should tighten up with 3-5 people behind me.

304 - grogers has been very tight preflop at the FT and if the flop hadn't been monotone I think c-betting would probably have been bad. Once I get to the turn I think most of his spade draw hands also have a pair so are unlikely to fold. I can't see too many hands that I fold out with a shove but I guess unless I'm against a made flush I don't have awful equity anyway.

398 - A turn bet certainly wouldn't be bad and is possibly better than the line I took. At the time I didn't think it was likely he would check anything to me twice which I would get more than 1 street of value out of. I thought the combined chance of him bluffing the river and him sometimes making a hand to call me with made checking behind marginally better. I think for metagame purposes a bet is probably better since I will never check complete air here twice but I think as a single hand it's very close.