View Single Post
Old 11-24-2007, 10:14 PM

Default Re: So I\'m going to Prison for 2 years

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
For those of you who live in states with great public transportation, I envy you. In CA and other states of MASS urban sprawl, it's pretty standard to have a couple drinks with dinner and drive home SAFELY.

[/ QUOTE ]

2 drinks over 1 hour = 0.02. How does this equal instant arrest by OUTACONTROL cops and crazy MADD mothers?

[/ QUOTE ]

I just sat through two days of EXPERT testimony. If you have two drinks in an hour for more than one hour (i.e. 4 drinks in two hours)... you CAN blow above the legal limit.

Even more disturbing is that in CA if you blow over 0.01... and the officer feels you are impaired (even if it's just due to fatigue, other physical issues, or just stupidity), you can be charged with a DUI. At that point it becomes an expensive burden of proof with your opinion being argued in court against the officers.

[/ QUOTE ]

So a couple drinks with dinner = 4?

http://www.ou.edu/oupd/bac.htm

4 drinks in 2 hours for a 100lb man gives a .07 BAC. Keep 'em coming. Very few people in this thread actually realize how much it takes to get to .08. Hint: it's not a "couple drinks with dinner"