View Single Post
Old 11-24-2007, 10:07 PM

Default AQs 2 spots off final table (deep) in FT $24+2 KO

so yea, no hand history or number stats, but a little bit of background info, it was a 741 person knockout tourney with 11 players left, about to see a 85% pay jump at final table (9 players)- villain was very shortstacked about 20 minutes prior to the hand in question and went on a bit of a desperate, aggressive rush, shoving in large (or entire) amounts of his stack in preflop 5-6 times that i can remember, getting called down twice and dubbing each time with a weak ace and a small pocket pair, stealing blinds two or three times from mid and late position and folding once from mid position to a RR out of the big blind. my table image was solid and dangerous as a panzer at the time, so apart from the fact therefore that suspicion of weakness is not a factor in his decision, it's kind of irrelevant.

so anyway, here goes a condensed but suitable version, the table is now playing 6handed-

avg stack: 135,000
hero (seat 1): 78,000
villain (seat 5): 81,000
blinds: 2,500/5,000 with antes

hero: A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
- <font color="green"> utg </font> folds
- <font color="red"> villain </font> opens pot for 4x raise of 20k
- <font color="green"> CO </font> folds
- <font color="green"> button </font> folds
- <font color="blue"> hero </font> shoves from small blind for 77k
- <font color="green"> big blind </font> folds
- <font color="red"> villain </font> snap calls and shows A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

and i'm sure you can figure out what happened from there

i like my play, the final table payout bump was really nice, the best % increase so far, but i wanted to win more than i wanted to just make final table...so without getting into my logic, i felt like my options here were thin at best, but i hate so much to get it in w/ AQ that i wanted to see what any of you guys thought. thanks.