View Single Post
Old 11-24-2007, 07:02 PM

Default Re: College App Question: SAT scores vs. GPA

[ QUOTE ]
EE will eat you alive at every one of those schools.

[/ QUOTE ]

im aware of this, but my GPA tends to be lower due to language and english classes, i have tended to do very well in math/science classes. right now im taking number theory which is typically a sophomore level college math class; modern physics, a class in which i am the only student and is focused around essentially physics in the last 100-130 years; and physics with experimental design, which is based around the idea of learnign the physics behind real world things rather than just theoretical circumstances. id take an AP physics but the only one my school offers requires me to have already taken calc BC last year. i also took honors physics last year. over the last summer i took java programing, a basic astrophysics class, and cognitive psychology at stanford in a high school summer program, all for transerable credits as if i attended the school as an undergrad. also two summers ago i worked in a lab at the UNC-chapel hill school of public health doing basic research and have worked every year on the los angeles marathon, hopefully this gives a better idea of what colleges will see