View Single Post
Old 11-24-2007, 06:19 PM

Default Re: relationship between SAT scores and intelligence?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't think there's any disagreement here about the quality of education an undergraduate receives at a school like Harvard. A student who goes to Harvard and works hard will undoubtedly receive a great education.

But grade inflation at Ivy League institutions in particular (and I think at many other top private colleges) is a well-established phenomenon, and I think that students coming from schools not considered top-tier are often at an unfair disadvantage when competing for, say, admission to top law schools, because their grades are not as high, when in fact it may have been just as difficult, and in some cases even more difficult, to get A-range grades at those non top-tier schools.

[/ QUOTE ]

Potential employees in front of me. Both A grade.
Is the one from Harvard more likely to be 'better educated' or not?
Or, take those just out of A grade?
Does the addition of 'from harvard' bring any potential to the choice when looking at the grades.
It's not grade inflation if the end result is A-harvard grad has a better education claim than A-non-harvard grad. is it?
If we were grading across universities, would harvard receive a higher percentage of A's?

luckyme

[/ QUOTE ]
one from Oxford Uni, one from London Uni both with the same class maths degrees.

The one from Oxford has proved themselves to a much higher standard. Anyone who says different hasn't got a clue.

chez