View Single Post
Old 11-24-2007, 04:08 PM

Default Three barrelling [100NL]

$0.50/1.00 100NL 6-max
Full table, relevant stacks are:
MP: $80
Hero: $140
SB: $300
I have A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] on the button, MP limps, I raise to $5, SB calls, MP folds. SB is passive preflop, seems like a weak player... his cold-call out of the blind doesn't surprise me in the least.

Flop [$12]: K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
SB checks, Hero bets $9, SB calls
<font color="blue">His range is very wide here before and after the cbet/call, he is not the kind of player to fold a Q or J on this flop, yet he wouldn't c/r QT or even a monster draw.</font>

Turn [$30]: 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
SB checks, Hero bets $22, SB calls
<font color="blue">I second barrel because it's a scary board for him; I have as many as 18 outs, but I don't think my implied odds are very good: if I hit the board will be 4-flush/4-straight.</font>

River [$74]: 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
<font color="red">SB checks, I bet $50</font>
<font color="blue">He checks quickly, looks like he wants a cheap showdown. I think most of his range here is assorted weak broadway cards like QT, QJ, AJ, that he didn't fold on the turn because he had a one-card straight-draw/flush-draw. I think he can fold top pair here; he doesn't seem to plan his actions in advance so he might get cold feet with Kx on the river after reluctantly calling turn.