View Single Post
Old 11-24-2007, 04:06 PM

Default Re: this is your war on drugs

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It does seem like there's a very a high chance he had a crummy lawyer.

[/ QUOTE ]

Obviously, he shouldn't have even needed to have a lawyer in the first place.

The bottom line is, the guy ended up in prison for having too many pain pills. It's not any of our business how many pain pills he's got. The drug war is ludicrous and these edge cases illustrate that (although he's not that much of an edge case. the drug war could almost be subtitled "the war on pain doctors" these days).

I haven't even started ranting about how unnecessary and oppressive prescription laws are in the first place. They are simply an extension of the destructive drug war.

natedogg

[/ QUOTE ]

First of all I'd like to hear the other side in this case. According to one of the posters in this thread he was picked up for forging Dr.'s signatures on prescriptions. I'm fairly certain he knew if he got caught he would be in trouble. I guess what you're saying is that anyone should be able to get any kind of drug/medication anytime they want at anytime. Ok.

Haven't heard anything about what his doctor in NJ said. Haven't heard anything about what doctors in Florida said. Haven't heard or read anything about what came out at the trial. Sorry but I think this is a one sided report so I'm reserving judgement. But it sounds to me like this probably an unremarkable story most likely. If you were opposed to the conduct of the "war on drugs" you'd still be opposed and if you weren't opposed you still wouldn't be. I've heard of worse trangressions by the legal system.

And as far as his shouldn't have had to go to trial. People go to trial all the time U.S. that probably shouldn't be in a trial. Part of deal with living here. Expecting perfection from the legal system is an expectation that is way to high IMO.

BTW my wife had breast cancer in the late nineties and I was forced to break the law in obtaining pot to get her through chemo. I think that the government is totally screwed up with many drug laws. I wasn't into pot at all at the time either and neither was she.