View Single Post
Old 11-24-2007, 03:34 PM

Default Re: Ask me about financial success to spending 2 years state prison

Fortunately my family had a connection with an important person who was able to locate me at a "good" jail. It was still a medium, but was only an 1hr 15min from nyc. Most newbies got the Canadian border.

The prison also was somewhat relaxed even thought there were a lot of lifers, rapeos, murders there. These guys however, did a lot of their bid already and were older,hence more docile. The drama is with the young kids.

First day there I meet Taheem who was doing 20to life for murder. He was now my new bunkie. A bunkbed in a 8x5 room with a door, no cell.

So I always had a difficult time sleeping, so when the lights go off, I hear his radio on. I know that there is no way I will be able to sleep with it on, but how can I tell him to turn it off. After 20 mins, at the risk of bodily injury In my kindest voice I ask, "Taheen, it is hard for me to fall asleep,,,you mind turning off the raio". Instaresponse from Taheen, "Taht's not going to happen". Ok, I think.

But he did make it lower, and gave me a small fan as a white noise machine which worked perfectly.