View Single Post
Old 11-24-2007, 09:25 AM

Default Re: Tough AKs hand in the SB facing 3 bets

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
but I could easily put one of the latter 2 players on AA-QQ and possibly AKs.

[/ QUOTE ]

The key is you have AK and there is AK on the flop, so the combinations of the hands that beat you in your list(AA/KK) is severely limited.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is an important point.

mathematically you are a big favorite here, and you say yourself that they've been overplaying hands. go to war on the turn.

as an aside, and i'm not trying to embarrass you, i saw you play a while back on full tilt. i was sweating/coaching my wife and someone under the screenname "Dhani" was playing(i assumed it was you). it was .25/.50 or .50/1.00 or 1/2. i forget which one.

i don't know if you leave chat on, but there was a hand where you had TT in the sb and someone raised, you cold-called, it got HU postflop and i'm pretty sure you won the hand. but not 3betting TT from the blinds against a late position raiser was pretty bad so i reached over and typed "omg 3bet preflop" or something in the chatbox. you never responded so i guess you didn't see it.

just from these couple hands it seems to me you're playing way too passively from the blinds. playing with poor position is tough, but failing to define your hand when OOP(whether you realize it or not) makes it even tougher.