View Single Post
Old 11-24-2007, 05:55 AM

Default Re: my starting strength log

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
do the drills more and you will be more flexible, which will enable you to stay on your heels. You can start by squatting down with a wall behind you, and lean against that to make you more upright at first.

[/ QUOTE ]

how often should i be doing these drills, and what should i do at the gym instead of squats? today i just did goblet squats with a 30lb dumb bell after my hips where sore and while i was doing them my upper middle back felt like it was straining., is that normal when you are doing the drill for the first and have very limited flexibility

[/ QUOTE ]
yeah, I remember it was pretty tough even to do bodyweight squats at first. Getting good at pretty much everything is all about repetition. Just do squats (with or without weight doesn't really matter much) as often as possible. Also, you should get down in the bottom position and sit there for awhile (with good form). I'm a fatty with a decent gut, was never really flexible, but somehow I can just get right down into the bottom of a squat real easy. I'm like azn or something now.

Stretch your hips out before you workout as well. I know in general people say not to stretch, but this one is okay. One knee on ground, the other leg out forward (like a lunge position), and sorta push your hip forward and stretch it out. Check out the "samson stretch" as well.