View Single Post
Old 11-24-2007, 04:18 AM

Default Re: relationship between SAT scores and intelligence?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
There are many colleges that are not "Ivy League level" at which it is harder to succeed academically than at Ivy League institutions

[/ QUOTE ]

i would assume so. i meant "ivy league level" to mean highest tier, not necessarily actually membership in the ivy league. sorry for the lack of clarity.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I took it that by "Ivy League level" you meant highest tier. There are many non top-tier schools at which it is more difficult to succeed academically than Ivy League level or highest tier schools. Once you get into an Ivy league school or many of the top tier colleges getting good grades does not require much effort.

Grading standards are more difficult at many schools that are not top tier, which is one reason why admissions standards for professional schools like law schools are doubly prejudiced when it comes to comparing applicants from those schools to those of Ivy League type institutions (the applicant is penalized relative to the Ivy League level applicant for not having gone to a top tier school, and then penalized again for having gotten similar or lower grades at their institution).