View Single Post
Old 11-24-2007, 02:30 AM

Default Re: Ride With The Taser

[ QUOTE ]
The advent and use of the Taser is the direct result of anti-cop/ignorant/Liberal "cause seekers" aghast at the thought that a cop might have to put his hands (or baton) on someone to effect an arrest. The suspension of belief required to adhere to the presumption that all suspects comply with the legally binding commands of a peace officer is similar in magnitude to the belief that man never landed on the Moon or that the mafia killed JFK.

Edit: The aforementioned parties wanted a tool that rendered a suspect unable to resist and subsequently did away with TV images of cops fighting uncooperative suspects...because it’s ugly. States, cities, and towns faced increasing civil liability because it is impossible to find a jury or public official that had not been unfairly influenced by a media controlled...........by the aforementioned parties

[/ QUOTE ]

can you point me to where I can read about this? I looked up the history of the Taser and found some stuff about the invention and subsequent sale to police departments but did not find anything as far as reasoning to adapt to police use. It wasn't invented for this reason though.

Like I said in my post I think there are two separate issues in this case. The taser could have been a non issue here very easily but should be discussed anyways as a separate issue.

The million dollar question is what level of force justifies its usage? How far below permissible deadly force should the taser be used?