View Single Post
Old 11-24-2007, 01:57 AM

Default Re: Why can\'t I beat micro LHE? (Two FR hands)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I tried looking up the free showdown raise thread but I just confused myself trying to understand how it would apply to hand 2. (The point of the play is to get to a showdown for the same two bets while sometimes folding out better hands, yes?)

[/ QUOTE ]

The traditional definition of a "free showdown" raise is when we raise the turn with the intention of checking behind on the river unimproved. It's generally with the understanding that those are the last two bets we put into the pot unless we improve.

[/ QUOTE ]
FWIW, this is a pretty general application of the FSDR:

Ultimate Bet 2/4 Hold'em (6-max, 6-handed) Ultimate Bet Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: marchron is BB with 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls, Button calls, SB completes, marchron checks.

Flop: (4 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, marchron checks, CO checks, Button checks.

Turn: (2 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">marchron raises</font>, Button folds, SB calls.

River: (3 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">marchron bets</font>, SB calls.

Final Pot: 5 BB
Results:

marchron has 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (two pair, queens and deuces).
SB has 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (one pair, queens).
Outcome: marchron wins 5 BB. </font>

Notice of course, I didn't take it because I improved. The FSDR is basically designed to see showdowns for the same two bets you otherwise would if you called the turn and the river, but has the additional equity of sometimes folding out a better hand and sometimes capturing a third bet when you improve but Villain would have check/called the river instead of betting it.