View Single Post
Old 11-23-2007, 09:54 PM

Default Re: [150NL] 88 Flopped set 550bb\'s Deep

[ QUOTE ]
If I was in villains spot with 44 i'm definitely c/c rather than open shoving.

[/ QUOTE ]

wow that's terrible

all better hands shove, and all worse hands check behind

if you think there is value in 3betting the turn with 44, shoving river >>>>>>>>>>> checking, and i even think c/f > c/c, because he's never shoving worse hands

a lot of posters have already said it but some people don't seem to get it so...

if villain is even halfway decent his range for 3betting the turn and shoving the river is _exactly_ the same

all hands that we call turn with should snapcall the river. there really isn't any thinking to do on the river. if he value 3bets the turn, he will shove the river. he's never folding a hand that value 3bets the turn to a shove, so he's going to showdown, and thus he shoves because worst hands always check behind (and it doens't matter if he has 44 or AK here, if he thinks AK is good enough to 3bet it's good enough to shove. no, he is not checkfolding, and shoving >>>>>>>>>>>>&g t;><> c/c)

i can't believe some people call the turn and then are like 'wow he shoved river that changes things' wtf you should've been expecting this

the important decision in this hand is whether we call or fold to his turn 3bet. some posters seem to think it's close, some posters think it's an easy call because he plays AK like this a lot, i don't know i think it's close, leaning towards a call

but really, once you call the turn the river is an insta,snap,nobrainercall