View Single Post
Old 11-23-2007, 03:07 PM

Default Re: what should i do? get a new lcd screen after Thanksgiving or?

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think data mining micro-sngs will provide much benefit at all. The number of different players are huge and none will be very good.

Stick to basic SNG strategy and you should be able to crush these games. Fixing leaks in your game via PT will give much bigger gains than focusing on villain stats at this point.

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree with this. It is actually more important if you have statistical overlay to see who is and isn't a complete maniac at the lowest levels. By mid/high-blind play you know a bit better who you can value-bet out of a lot and who you are more likely to be able to blind-steal from, et cetera.

Again, consider Realtime. While I think that PT/PAHUD/other poker-software does great things, I believe for those at the lowest stakes it is probably just as easy to use the free stat software, which should tell you most of what you need against opponents and the micro level as well as letting you see whether or not you are playing too many hands, if you are not aggressive enough, et cetera.

In general I wouldn't even suggest skimping on the better software if it weren't for the fact that all the best new software is just around the corner. In the meantime you would be able to do all the marginal stuff to improve your game that you could before moving up to the big-boy software.