View Single Post
Old 11-23-2007, 02:21 PM

Default Re: Stars 1/2 - Are my stats terrible?

Smurph, I appreciate the time you took writing your responses. Still your posts basically boil down to you think my attitude/game/hand reading sucks, and i should drop down to micro-microstakes because i'm not a good player.

I admit, I'm not a very good player. But I was running 3.3 bb/100 over my last 30k hands at .5/1 before i moved up, so i was surprised to still be down over 14k hands at 1/2. I really didn't know if i was just going through a downswing or if there was something in my stats that was fundamentally wrong.

I asked an honest question about my stats to try to improve my game which is what i thought this forum was for. Every other poster gave me useful feedback and concrete advice on what they thought is wrong and what i should be doing, and I'm already working on making those changes.

Since your first post you basically told my game sucks and i should drop down to .05/.1 where i belong and forget about trying to improve, because I suck so much it won't even help. That's your opinion, which is fine. What you think of me is none of my business, and i don't really care. I'd rather ask and have people trash my attitude/game etc. and hopefully get some helpful advice than just play, lose and complain.

If the thread annoyed people I apologize. I wasn't really sure how else i could get the feedback i needed. I have been working really hard at my poker game and it's disappointing to still lose.

Thanks everyone for the helpful advice. I'm going to try to make the changes you suggested (except dropping down to .5/.1 [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img])