View Single Post
Old 11-23-2007, 01:24 PM

Default Re: getting fast cars in automatic....

[ QUOTE ]
That logic is pretty retarded. Selling "retro" things is like a billion dollar industry. People have XBOX 360 and then get pong and whatever because its old school and fun and reminds them of the good old days.

im not disagreeing that manual doesn't have distinct advantages, just that there are countless reasons why people would want something that is technically less efficient.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not the same argument. Using an older system for nostalgic reasons is superior to a newer system because the joy is in the memories. I still have an Amiga for similar reasons.

[ QUOTE ]
you're wrong, it implies no such thing. if people want it, it will be available. you could easily argue the other side, if manual was really superior why wouldn't it be manual, with an optional override for automatic?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because for most driving situations automatic is the superior option. Manual give you better control of the car but most people don't have any use for it. That doesn't mean it isn't better to have more control just that the way most people drive it won't make a difference. I have W rated tires on my car. 80% of the time I get no benefit from the higher speed rating. That does not mean they are not superior to lower rated tires.