View Single Post
Old 11-23-2007, 08:16 AM

Default Re: (NL25) Extracting vs very bad player

[ QUOTE ]
Lately I've been experimenting with calling down TP-hands when OOP, especially if its the one in the last position that bets. The reason is that I often get in trouble in multiway pots when a villain just calls my flop bet and if an overcard or a draw hits on the turn, or even if it blanks I feel lost & confused since I don't want to throw away more money, but villain will often bet a worse hand if I check. Check-calling often makes (passive) villains check turn and I can take the pot on the river or check it down. I think this also makes it harder for thinking villains to steal from me, since they'll see that I can check made hands. This was one of the reasons I posted the hand, since I'd like to know what better players think of this.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is funny because I've been experimenting with the same thing for the very same reasons. There will definitely come a time (not sure what level exactly) where I don't think this will be a viable strategy. However the players as a whole are much weaker in the micros and they will often bet their dominated hands for me.

Generally I think I'm liking my results thus far. How about you?