View Single Post
Old 11-23-2007, 05:38 AM

Default Re: RYANCMU teaches struggling NL50 and NL100 players

[ QUOTE ]
4-betting A6ss and calling a shove, produces a very similar problem. When a tag reg is 5-betting you and you are calling, you are always behind, and very likely to be dominated. However, you're still calling because you already put in 1/2 your stack PF. So, which is the bigger error, 4/betting light? or calling a 5/bet light?

i guess in the nl200 games this probably works a lot better, but i've tried this move a few times, and i can't remember the last time i won/sucked out.

a bigger concern is...what if your hand isn't as strong as A6ss? How about QTss+ KTss+ 67ss+? Would you still pull these same moves without a suited ace? I think you can with 67ss because you're rarely dominated, but the other two you've gotta dump almost all the time right?

[/ QUOTE ]

you 4bet because his squeezing range is wide, and there will be a ton of money in there for the taking, though very very few .5/1 players have wide squeeze ranges, same goes for 1/2 for the most part

if the squeezing range is really small, doing anything other than folding is burning money, unless he really really likes folding overpairs in RR pots

if you think their calling range is AK, QQ+

have the following equity vs that range

A6s-A2s 28.8-30.1(A5s is the best, then 4, 3, 2,6 all pretty close)
KQs 25.1
KJs 25.7
KTs 26.1
QJs 28.4
QTs 28.8
76s 31
65s 31.1(43s-JTs all outperform the broadway hands, and a few more outperform Ax hands)
86s 29.8 1gappers work pretty well too it seems

the next best hand calling range hands are JJ, AQs adding them to the range changes the equity

A2-6s 30
KQs 29.3
KJs 28.0
KTs 28.4
QJs 29.3
QTs 29.5
76s 30.5
65s 30.6
86s 29.3

wide variety of hands run basically equal here vs that range(weird sidenote, if you add AQo, TT, KJs becomes the best hand vs the range)

increased calling range helps all the hands, KQs gaining the most, but also tends to go with a smaller folding range, which is essential for re-squeezing

it looks more like personal preference on which hands you mix in to balance vs overaggro squeezers