View Single Post
Old 11-22-2007, 10:59 PM

Default Re: Slightly -cEV move to become chip leader. $4 + .40 180sng stars

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

(unless you are talking about the first time around)

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes I mean the first time around... it's obvious that the big stack who is already in this pot is NOT going away, and by making this play, hero is thinking in his head "I better hit a straight" which is the same thought process the other 4/180 donks go through when they get any two sooted cards and hope to hit a flush... -EV all around.

[/ QUOTE ]

No. There Hero is trying to steal. He is trying to get the big stack (limper) to fold PF or to fold to a c-bet on the flop where hero will have position. It is certainly a defensible play. Although I woudl raise more PF if I was going to try it.

The other big stack at the table foiled his plans b/c he picked up a big hand and min-raised. The original bigstack (limper) then folded.

And Hero was getting the odds to call PF. Other than making a smallish raise, I don't see much wrong with Hero's PF play. You could argue that his stack size doesn't work well for the play he is trying to make. And that is fine. But I don't fault his thought process for trying to steal...how could anyone who wasn't at the table?

Sherman