View Single Post
Old 11-22-2007, 08:09 PM

Default Re: RYANCMU teaches struggling NL50 and NL100 players

[ QUOTE ]
I think an important part in a poker players progression, is when they learn that its ok to stop multi tabling and sacrifice the hourly for a short term, so that they can become a better player.

So many robotic TAG players that are just giving up money and hurting their games by never taking the time to cut down on the tables and improve.

My advice to any struggling player, is to for the next few sessions you play cut down your tables to 4-6 and just focus on your play. The small $$ you sacrafice in short term hourly, will be worth it by the improvments you will make in your game.

[/ QUOTE ]

first of all this entire thread is nasty. one of my boys that plays NL100 on stars and I were actually talking about you the other day and how you are virtually the only reg at NL100 we respect... I don't remember how it came up but yea, big ups...

the quote above is possibly the best general advice in this thread. last month was a 40k hand breakeven stretch for me and it sucked balls. I was playing 16 tables and running like 12/10/5. way too nitty for my ability imo. my winrate had been sorta meh (~2ptbb/100) before October and once I went through that stretch I decided I needed to revamp the game.

I played 6 tables for about 10k hands running 19/14/4.5 and my winrate spiked. I actually kinda ran bad too during that sample with Won$SD ~49%, it was sick.

I doubt I'll be able to keep up this style of TAG playing more than 12 tables so I think I'm going to limit myself to that. like you I MUST toke before playing a session. it keeps my emotions in check and, ironically enough, helps me to focus. on the downs side herb does inhibit my ability to play more than 12 tables at a vpip greater than like 12 but as my little experiment proved to me I'm MUCH better off playing 12 well than auto piloting 16+.