View Single Post
Old 11-22-2007, 05:19 PM

Default Re: AQo hit top pair on river

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What was his river AF?

[/ QUOTE ]
I didn't post it because it's not showing in my HUD, but as you ask it's 1.67. Looks like a player who waits for the river to raise/donk. Still, it shouldn't mean that he's betting only with better hands.

I disagree that he's not calling with worse hands. If he's betting he's not folding when it's only 1 bet to SD.

[/ QUOTE ]
my point is that he isn't betting 5x 66 Jx or crap on this board. in general, bad players get scared with all this stuff now that AK has a straight. it's retarded to think that he'd bet/fold a Q, but i think it's pretty dumb as well to assume that 5x/22 is 100% in his betting range and also calling a raise 100%. sorry

[/ QUOTE ]

of course he's not b/c'ing 5x/22 100%, much less than that. but i think it's pretty safe to assume that he's b/c any J or Q. (properly speaking we should discount them a bit but add other weaker hands, but if the combos roughly balance we are fine). it's also safe to assume that he 3bets a worse hand 0%. so as long as we have >50% equity against his b/c + b/3b range, raising is profitable. there are much more combos with J and Q than there are with T, and even if you consider non-T containing hands that beat you, you should have the requisite >50% to raise imo.