View Single Post
Old 11-22-2007, 04:52 PM

Default Re: STTF SNG->cash thread

[ QUOTE ]

gross. results oriented thinking.
Also, what draws could he possibly have? lol.

[/ QUOTE ]

I usually note people who donk bet with dlW, dlS, or dlD (Strong, Weak, Draw) so that's what I meant.

[ QUOTE ]

Anyway, you need to raise this here because these min donkbets are usually weak and your hand is probably best.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes I'm ahead of minilead range, but am I ahead of his minilead-call range? Can I raise here for value? OR should I just value call?

[ QUOTE ]

If you just call any over card is basically a scare card and you might talk yourself into calling down not knowing where you stand which isn't a good situation to be in.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe being unsure and playing a small pot is better? If my flop raise gets called you won't be sure, will you? The only way I can be pretty sure that I'm ahead is when he folds to my raise and then I'll lose value.

[ QUOTE ]

You should also raise because you have position and if villain calls he'll likely check to you on the turn so you hopefully see a cheap showdown.

[/ QUOTE ]

If I want cheap showdown would it be better just to call? I'll still have position on the turn..

[ QUOTE ]

However, your bet sizing is horrible. I don't mean to be harsh but really it is quite bad. $8 or $9 will do the same thing that $16 does and when he pushes you won't tilt call off your stack way behind because you feel committed to the pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's true. I should not use the "bet pot" button like an automation.