View Single Post
Old 11-22-2007, 03:39 PM

Default Re: I improve on turn......But

[ QUOTE ]
Consider the range of hands he would limp with UTG. Practically all of these will check this flop to you, so on the turn you're stuck with the same range. Most of the hands in this range that lead into you, the preflop raiser, have you beat. You'll have to call a river bet almost every time. Pot odds are not there. Your two outer is not strong enough to counter this. Clear fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am not sure this is a clear fold, however, I don't think it would be a bad fold by any means. Obviously the Kh could have completed a couple of draws. Somebody could be slowplaying a Ten. It should be apparent that I have a hand like AK since I checked the flop yet the UTG is betting into me on the turn. Even if I do have the best hand it is highly vulnerable and I may get redrawn on the river. I have bad relative position to the bettor since there are two players yet to act. The pot is not big since the flop was checked through.

On the other hand, the bettor could just have a King with a worse kicker. He could be semibluffing with a heart draw, maybe he just has a nine or perhaps a nine with a heart draw.

If more money went in preflop and on the flop making the pot bigger I could see raising here to protect my hand.

If I was acting last instead of first after the bettor I could see calling this down.

I think this might just be a fold but I still would like to hear some more discussion on this.