View Single Post
Old 11-22-2007, 03:16 PM

Default Re: My 1st post & how I found this place (warning VERY LONG)

I ventured a cautious little peek back over here to see if my thread was still up or if had been moved or deleted or what. Because I've basically been hanging out in the BEGINNER'S FORUM now (which actually, I didn't post THIS thread there initially because I thought the BEGINNER'S FORUM was for ASKING questions. I kept looking for a place where people just said "hello" and introduced themselves and couldn't find one. My other other experience with newsgroups-- with the exception of the timid ventures into reading RGP awhile ago, was one group where I just jumped into and started posting and replying to threads, etc. and while my comments were appropriate, etc. I learned later on that most folks wanted to get a feel for who the person was first before the person started posting so that's why I thought I should post here to wave "hello" before saying anything else. I had no idea THIS newsgroup was so LARGE in membership and now that I've been hanging out a few days I understand a LITTLE bit better about some of how it is laid out. The other newsgroup I belongd to, we all read and basically posted in ALL the forums so there was a seperate GETTING TO KNOW you place for the intros, so after seraching without being to find such a place here, I just figured I was probably so chatty as to be relegated ot something called GOSSIP rather than some other OFF TOPIC place!)

I see that a few reply posts here have indeed been deleted and it's a scary thought trying to imagine what they might have said.

In any case, the reason why I even came back here was because I mentioned in a DIFFERENT thread (back over at BEGINNERS) that instead of going into my whole story again, that I had posted over here by mistake when I first signed up. I guess I will try to ask the moderators to move this thread over to the BEGINNERS FORUM where it is more appropriately placed.

Again, thanks, to those very kind comments that I see have been made, advice and tips and suggestions and warm welcomes! I was afraid I had found another mean place like RGO but I think 2+2 is probably better (if I avoid certain forums--LOL)