View Single Post
Old 11-22-2007, 12:55 PM

Default Re: I will mentor you for free

1. How you are currently improving your game
Currently I spend time mostly browsing these ssnl forums, helping others with their hands, I also do alot of reading, I own several books on theory in both cash games and tournaments, I try attend regular live cash games when possible, I discuss all the hands im not sure about with numerous amount of people and to be honest I never stop thinking about my game.

2. Your poker goals.
Eventually I would like to make a decent income from poker, somthing which would exceed my salary at an average job when i leave university. But mostly I want to understand the most advanced concepts poker has to offer, and be able to sit down at a table and notice everyones mistakes, playing the most profitable game I can. I believe with poker you never stop learning.

3. Your current stakes and past earnings

Over the past year ive been playing I have made about $4000 from 10nl/25nl/50nl/100nl combined, over about 50k hands, I generally fluctuated because I had many cashouts for various reasons but I now have a solid bankroll and no more needs to cashout. Im looking to build up my roll and move up to higher limits. Ive also had a live tournament win of just over 4k which was nice, plus many other cashes in smaller games live.

4. A few examples of good strategy posts you have made.

This is a tough one, i havent particulaly posted any strategy to anyone but it doesnt mean I dont consider it. People talk to me all the time about their strategys and I can always find flaws in what they are saying, im always open to discussion about strategy and im a very logical thinker, I would never stop thinking about somthing till I decided i have made the right or wrong decision. One thing I do pride myself in is self control and ways to combat tilt, I believe as far as bankroll managment theory goes I know the ins and outs, I have had many swings, found them tough and brought it back.

5. A little about yourself. If you're capable and willing to run the site and videos include that in your reply.
Well for one im from leeds, where abouts are you from in leeds? I grew up in morley, lived in tingley for a while now im back and forth from leeds to uni, also lived around the yeadon (leeds/bradford airport) area with my mum for a while.
As far as the website goes I do this kinda stuff for a living so shouldnt be a problem, i can make websites and probably could find some hosting soemwhere if you needed that.

Hope this application isnt too late, be good to hear back from you

Ash.