View Single Post
Old 11-22-2007, 12:29 PM

Default Re: Every street debatable

"SO if C/C, C/C, C/C is the money line here. What turns we fold? How about rivers? If turn comes A, do we fold? How about Q/J?"

"If turn is blank, do we ever fold river? If turn comes T/J/Q, do we fold river if its >9 and it doesnt pair the board? These situations comes so often that it would be nice to hear how this kind of hand should be played with different variations."

Generally speaking, if a Ten hits the turn I would definitely see the river since we now have a gutshot on the turn. A gutshot draw + a chance we still have the best hand means we cant fold IMO. And assuming the river blanks off I would C/C vs this villain.

If an Ace hits the turn I'm C/Fing. If a Q/J hits the turn I think the play is close but I would still C/F.

Playing the river assuming turn blanks off:

If the river is an Ace, I would again C/F. On a QJT river, Im sure the play is close but I would check/call vs this guy.

Against someone with these type of stats, I think its very important not to make tough folds on the river if we have a hand that can beat a bluff. Thats why I would still call a Q/J/T river in this scenario. The reason I would fold a Q/J turn card is becuz the chance if him having me beat combined with the chance of him outdrawing me on the river makes folding more attractive than calling IMO.