View Single Post
Old 11-22-2007, 12:05 PM

Default Re: England out, what now for the FA?

I wouldnt say England are overrated its more that they've underpeformed for their country and if you see them week in week out they're easily world class players. Rooney, Lampard, Gerrard, Terry, Ferdinand. All world class players who would walk into almost any team in the world.

Richards is fast developing into a world class defender. A. Cole, J. Cole, SWP are all playing at the highest level. Owen's still a great finisher. I agree they lack depth in certain areas (left wing, strikers) but surely that first 11 alone should be strong enough to make it to the Euros in confortable fashion.

They shouldnt have had to get a result against Croatia. They should've beat Macedonia at home, Israel away or at least get a draw away to either Croatia or Russia.

All those first 11 play in great teams with great attacking talent and verve and yet when they play for England they play too deep, too many long balls, too little passion and aggression that they should. If they could replicate their performances at club level then they'll be a huge international force.

I think Cappelo is the best choice. Known for managing at the top level, working with world class players and has had success where ever he's been in the past few years. I wouldnt have O'Neill becuase I'm a Villa fan [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]. Also bring into the sqaud Aggy, Young and Reo-Coker and keep Barry in the first team plz.

They should have played Green in goal imo as he's the best choice for job (young, great shot stopper). Carson still too young, Robinson still too shell shocked. You could argue James but he's probably going to retire within 1-2 years anyway

Saying English players are overrated imo is an ultra retarded thing to say. Watching them week in and week out you can see these players are great players. They're is something very wrong in the English camp and has to be sorted out like say the French did a few years ago or say the Scottish who with new management and introducing some fresh faces turned into a team that nearly stunned us all rather than the atrocity that Vogts turned out