View Single Post
Old 11-22-2007, 12:04 PM

Default Re: English-only policy

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Honestly, this is the same ridiculous argument I just had with Kaj. I could honestly care less whether the owner hires them or not,

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
It is a positive to have employees who can communicate in Spanish. However, it is imperative that you be able to communicate in English!

[/ QUOTE ]

Your emphasis.

[/ QUOTE ]

I meant that I don't care from a legal standpoint. From a personal standpoint, if you want my business, you won't subject me to attempting business dealings with someone who cannot speak the common language.

I'm suprised that you, of all people, cannot see the difference in forcing someone to do something by letter of law,(the state forcing officers to learn Spanish) and choosing to make a personal decision not to do business with those who cannot speak English.(free market ftw)

[/ QUOTE ]

They're not forcing anyone. You are a state employee. If you want to work for the state, learn spanish. If you don't, go find another job. You say you support the right of employers to fire people for not speaking a particular language; well, you're soaking in it.