View Single Post
Old 11-22-2007, 08:45 AM

Default Re: View: Guy is the nicest guy on the planet (or the dumbest)

[ QUOTE ]
It was pretty sick. I agree with Shane, I think the show is turning into a joke.

a) you have people running boards 4 times in what looks like an attempt to almost totally iron out variance

b) people are getting let off the hook

I mean, if David didn't want to lose his 600k, then fine, play like Antonio's playing. Raising all in on a draw after Guy (to whom money isn't a factor) makes a massive reraise is a massive risk, which a massive potential reward (taking down 170k+ in profit uncontested).

As someone said, if Guy folded, would David have given him his money back, for the foundation? No.

They should have just run it three times, which would have probably ended up with guy taking down 2/3 of the pot, leaving DB on 400k. This would have been a blow, but still would have been a legitimate hand that could have still been affected by variance.

I think Guy just felt bad after he said 'once'. He saw David's face. Degenyamine didn't seem to be wanting to beg for it, so I think what happened was Guy decided to let him off the hook without forcing him to take a pride hit by having to ask to run it 2+ times himself.

I really hope for the sake of the show this doesn't happen again.

[/ QUOTE ]

Great Post,as this show has come down to just what it is......Television!

It has taken the concept of being a TRUE HS game to one where DB in this episode,and Gold last week look like the true SCARED degenerate gamblers they really are begging for an "out"

Disgusting [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]