View Single Post
Old 11-22-2007, 06:48 AM

Default Re: How Kenny Tran Rates Internet Players

The argument here isn't really about online players in mixed games since online players simply don't play mixed games much since theres so many more hold'em running. If mixed games had the popularity hold'em does and thats where the money was, best believe that would get taken over too. Saying live players are better overall players in poker than online players is kind of like saying white people are much better at golf and hockey than black people. Lord i'm hoping this doesn't steer the conversation in that direction but the only point i'm making is that just they are better simply due to them not playing it much. It's kind of like how live pros were so much better than competitors because they played it alot more than average competition.. so that when the internet opened up 24/7 games electronically online... the standard for poker skill was raised because players were able to get in much more experience. Doesn't make sense to me that live players get so insulted when someone says internet players play better considering internet players get to see SO many more hands/situations. If someone says they are better than me at some video game they've played for 10 years longer than I have that's not an insult, it just comes down to experience.

[ QUOTE ]
online players are able to adjust to the live play
skill set fairly easily, while the converse doesn't seem
to be true.

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't see how the thread doesn't end here.