View Single Post
Old 11-22-2007, 04:52 AM

Default Re: I will mentor you for free

I'm not really a fan of posting this in BBV, but if it means a chance at improving my game then so be it.

1. How you are currently improving your

I’ve been generating more poker contacts outside of 2p2 (adding on aim, msn etc). I’ve also been doing some of my playing at a fellow 2p2ers house. Only recently have I started with the session reviews and stuff like that as a way of fine tuning leaks.

2. Your poker goals.

I don’t want to become a poker pro, I think I should make that clear. Having just finished high school I want to develop my game over the next 4 months till university starts so I’m able to play poker throughout uni as my source of income without having to worry about money. I’m hoping to be at 200nl by the end of Australian Summer. I also want to have a fair chunk of savings for when I’m done with school.

3. Your current stakes and past earnings

Only recently (start of October) did I begin to actually focus on becoming the best player I could be. Right now I’m playing 50nl substantially over rolled just because I’m lacking the confidence to move up. Lifetime I’m up somewhere in the area of 9-10k.

4. A few examples of good strategy posts you have made.

I’m currently deciding what to write my pooh-bah post on, so I’m afraid I can’t link you to much as yet. As for commenting on posts, I contribute as much as the next guy I guess, nothing that really makes me stand out. I actually currently help a few more via skype / aim at the moment who I feel are improving a lot.

5. A little about yourself.

I finished high school last Monday, which you may not know is A LOT of work in Australia. I currently have 4 months between now and when I start university and I basically want to use this time to develop my game to a point where I can have a nice income through my schooling. I should probably add that I’m really happy with my development as a player lately as I’ve found it easier to dedicate time sessions rather than play at any possible moment I could. This has actually improved my winrate a lot.

6. Also to add, please state how many hours you haveplayed in the last 5 months and earnings in that time.

Over the last 3.5 months I’ve played 350 hours for 4k profit (that’s just NL cash). I think I’m +2k live and 1.5k in SNGs. Looking back at the hourly in my db I feel kind of dirty, but the results I have now (~27/hour) and the results that are sure to follow makes it all worthwhile.