View Single Post
Old 11-22-2007, 04:38 AM

Location: Don\'t Call it a comeback... Ive been here for years
Default Re: putting it in super light vs overagro 150 bbs deep. 1000NL

Ok well the problem is you seem to contradict yourself in a few places in an effort to lead everyone to say "ya you played it fine cooler" People are saying 3 bet because he has shown a propensity to get it in light with the A5 hand. You will also have position on him with what figures to be the best hand, so why not raise? If i am calling this pre, its to play it conservatively and to show him just because im calling doesnt mean i cant have a hand for later hands.

I am 3 betting this a ton vs this type of player. I don't think i'd raise this flop with out the intent of getting it in, which i wouldn't be too happy about. His range is big draws, pairs and draws, sets, or maybe like AA or KK or whatever. This range is hateful toward your hand. The fact that you are willing to get it in here like this for 150 bb and not reraise preflop means that he is using his image better than you are using it against him.

summary: reraise preflop, if you dont want to do that, dont reraise this flop unless you really are willing to get it in. He has not shown in any of those hands of letting someone else take the lead without them being all in. He wasnt going to call, then check call a bet or two with 89. Thats not how he rolls and you have to adapt to that.