View Single Post
Old 11-22-2007, 04:29 AM

Default Re: Just turned pro got a couple questions?

Some people make near 50/hr at the 16s on stars... I'm sure some few make it without FPPs... and some guys do the same multitabling 60's. 50/hr easily puts you in the top 1/3 of salaries in the US if you could grind it out 40 hr/week. Most can't, don't, or switch to cash. I'm curious if whether or not the old stigma of playing turbos for a higher hourly is really accurate, given a higher # of good regs. playing turbos. Can we assume a good semi-pro with 15% at the turbos on stars for say, 16s, would be hitting 30% if playing non-turbos? I don't even know what the Stars or FTP equivalent of a non-turbo 16 is. I'm sure its something a weaker vig, in stars case. I probably average between 21-23 tables now, and I'm pretty sure that switching to regs would screw me because of my inability to get good reads while multitabling without a hud (pahud can't handle w/out a whole new computer rig), so I just try to rely on making profitable pushes + whatever random reads thru notes that I can get during the first 10 mins of the set before I'm done loading, and I'm curious how much more or less profitable I'd be playing what I would consider the more donk infested regular tables at, say, 15-18 at a time rather than my usual volume . As an aside, this 500 stretch has been impressive. However, I think the STT forum needs to focus on what matters in this form of poker, which is figuring out how to maximize your hourly.