View Single Post
Old 11-22-2007, 04:05 AM

Default Re: RYANCMU teaches struggling NL50 and NL100 players

[ QUOTE ]
if i am running 15/10, how often should i be folding my PFR to blind 3/bets? Min 3/bets? 3/bets from regs?

How about if the 3/bettor has position?

Like other 2p2 players, the later the position, the wider my PFR range. I feel like against most players 3/betting the blinds, i should be folding a majority of my hands. But if it is a min PFR i'm calling often because i have position, as well as the fact that it is cheap to stack him. I feel one leak is that i'm folding way too often to regs who are 3/betting me light from the blinds, and with position i should be calling much more often.

If the 3/bettor has position, i'm very much inclined to fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think I have ever folded to a min-reraise in my life?

If your opening range is light, and you think your opponents are aware of this and are thus 3betting you light. You need to punish them. We can do this in a number of ways...

-4bet more preflop
-If we have pos. we can be calling a wider range then they think we would be and exploiting them postflop. Whether it be raising them when they cbet too much, or floating them and taking pots away on the turn, or even calling down.

Especially in steal situations, so many regulars know to 3bet light in steal situations. However, they make so many mistakes post flop its gross. They cbet automatically way way to many flops, and then they just give on the turn too much, they don't follow through enough w/ double barrels, turn c/r's. Their style of play is so robotic, 3bet>cbet>c/f. Its so exploitable.

As far as playing OOP goes...

You need to before you act look ahead on the table, are there active players after you who are going to be 3betting you light? Are they aggressive post flop? If those answers are yes, I'm much less likely to get out of line w/ my initial opening range especially in EP and MP.

However, if we feel that they are 3betting us light, but play horrible postflop, then even though we are OOP, the chance to play a reraised pot vs a bad opponent who likely can have a very marginal hand is a great situation and one we can make lots of money from.

Again, lots of regs 3bet light, but they play so bad postflop, we can afford to play marginal hands ourselves OOP.

Like my above post, it comes down to knowing your players.