View Single Post
Old 11-22-2007, 03:36 AM

Default Re: RYANCMU teaches struggling NL50 and NL100 players

[ QUOTE ]
Awesome thread mate! I'd say maybe even the best one I've read here.

I've got a topic for you... game selection. Do you even bother table selecting at 100NL? If so, what type of tables do you look for? Ones with lots of full stack predictable tags/nits or ones with heaps of donk calling stations, that all have around 1/2 to 3/4 buy-ins? What other factors do you consider?

[/ QUOTE ]

Table Selection.

I think table selection is one of the most important abilities relative to win rate that a player can have at SSNL. I think that by having above average table selecting skills and being stubborn about your tables and seat selection at tables you can significantly improve your win rate.

Some steps for table selecting I think people could benefit from;

-First, simply pick out good tables from the lobby based on $/pot and plyrs/flop. Once you have whatever your desired number is...

-Second, now lets say we have 12 tables that appeared good from the lobby, I look to see what players are at this table, and my position vs aggressive opponents, vs. the fish, and vs. other regulars. I will then close down tables that I don't think will be profitable and start over at step 1 w/ the new tables I am opening up.

Throughout a session I am constantly changing and adding tables, even switching seats at tables. Poker is a game about tiny edges, its important to give yourself every opportunity and if there are better tables available, why aren't you playing on them?

If I playing any more tables then 12 though, I usually don't put much effort into table selection. And I just don't do anything beyond step 1, and then as the tables look bad (acording to PAhud stats for table) I'll sub in new ones.

Recently, I have been anywhere from 20-24 tabling NL100 FR, w/ very little is any table selection, and my WR during that stretch has been attrocious (2.5ptbb/100). I would attribute this huge drop in WR to be related to me not table selecting at all, rather then the mass ammount of tables. Just to show you how important I think table selection is [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].