Thread: Quick quiz
View Single Post
Old 11-22-2007, 03:07 AM

Default Re: Quick quiz

[ QUOTE ]
Equity quiz.

You have AA vs average player. Flop is 9d 8c 4c.

A) what is a typical range that villain will check/call a bet with ?
B) what is your equity against that range? (No pokerstove!)
C) Now you have A9 on the same flop. What is your equity ?
D) Since we couldn't use pokerstove for this quiz, list at least 2 factors that you used to conclude on an equity number.

edit: Ranges for A) are not the most important part of this quiz. Assume if you want that you opened in 2nd position and he called in the BB

[/ QUOTE ]

havent read the other responses but here i go........

I am assuming that a 'typical' opponent is someone thats 25-30 vpip and 10-12 pfr.

1. He will call with any fd, straight draws including possible gs (qj, qt maybe) along with any pair+draw combo and any 9/8 regardless of kicker + all over pairs. He may also peel with AK/AQ espcially if he has a club in his hand. I am sure he would lead with some of these hands but i am not sure which part so i will assume he c/c with most of the range above.

2. I would say that my equity is somewhere btw 60-66% range?? no stoving but i would be pretty dissapointed if this % was far diffrent in reality.

3. With A9, all overpairs but not much changes for the rest of his range so i would say somewhere in 56-60% range??/

4. I assumed that against all hands where he has a fd/sd i was well ahead unless he has a straight fd or something in which case he is in good shape. I am crushing TT-KK but i dint think that was a big part of his range so i didnt factor that in too much. I assumed that a good part of his range was hands where he had a pair+ some sort of draw and in that case he was in decent shape.

ooops didnt see last part of post... TT-KK is not at all likely because he likely would have 3b pf...