View Single Post
Old 11-22-2007, 02:40 AM

Default Re: Lee Jones Winning Low Limit Hold\'em

As a newbie poker player when first starting out totally clueless, (see my VERY LONG intro post which I made to the wrong forum-- in the NVG forum for details on my life story...LOL), I got ahold of just about every poker book that was available at BORDERS BOOKSTORE and which I could find on eBay and/or AMAZON.

The Sklansky and Brunson books which were the ones I really wanted to check out first (because I heard them mentioned on the WPT) were clearly over my head. And I was just playing live low limit games ($3-6) when I first started out.

So I found that many of the boooks I needed to set aside and try to begin picking up things very slowly. Which is where I found Lee's books and I fondly recall them being quite helpful to me.

Matter of fact, now that I am re-entering the poker world again, on a different coast and after two years, I am basically beginning all over again. Only this time I already know that a flush beats a straight. LOL!

It's time for me to revisit some books again and I think I'll check this one out again.