View Single Post
Old 11-22-2007, 02:30 AM

Default Re: Teacher student situation at college

I feel like I'm the only one that thinks the teacher is out of line. I agree the kid sounds like a bitch and shouldn't even think about pressing charges. If it happened to me I'd probably laugh about it and welcome the opportunity to throw it back.

But still, this isn't high school where everyone knows each other and is used to joking around with each other and stuff. You never know how someone is going to react. And the point of being there is to get an education, which you're paying a lot of money for. I just can't imagine a professor in one of my classes chucking a piece of chalk at someone. I dunno, it just seems bizarre.

For me a lot would depend on the feel of the situation, and whether it seemed like the teacher was just trying to have fun or if she lost her cool about something irrelevant. The fact that some people might react like Vince's pussy friend and not like it very much is exactly why professors should probably stay professional. It's sort of like when you hear Michael Richards go on a racial tirade. Personally I think it's ridiculous to be personally offended by that sort of thing. But at the same time, you just scratch your head and wonder why he could lose his cool like that, and the fact that he did does still reflect poorly on him.