View Single Post
Old 11-22-2007, 01:54 AM

Default Re: ***Official ACC basketball thread***

[ QUOTE ]
" if you were only talking about guards and wings when you said duke's 6 >unc's 6 then that is moot b/c we actually play some low post players."

That's what we were talking about. Obviously that's what I meant. And of course it matters. You can't play the same 3 guard/wings the whole game.

If you're criticizing Duke's speed and athleticism this year, then I'm guessing you haven't really watched them play.

[/ QUOTE ]

then that is a worthless claim; i claim that our towel boy is better than yours; too bad yours needs to play and ours doesn't b/c we have other good players. do you see where i'm going w/this? at any rate i still don't think your claim is true; you are confusing quality and quantity. just b/c duke plays 6 guard/wings does not necessarily make them better than unc's; duke is doing it for lack of a better option. your case for duke's stronger guard/wing play is not depth, it is kyle singler. singler is better than our best wing, but unc's remaining guards/wings > duke's.

i want to revisit this one:

[ QUOTE ]
"lawson, ellington, ginyard > paulus, henderson, nelson."

We'll have to agree to disagree. Besides, you're forgetting Scheyer (one of Duke's top scorers), Nolan Smith, and to some extent, Pocius (who is streaky as hell). Duke has a ton of depth at guard and wing.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is pretty lol and i'm not forgetting anyone. you can say ginyard is worse than nelson or henderson if you wish (they push imo), but lawson and ellington are better than paulus and nelson or henderson.

seriously, do you go to duke?

also, i saw them last night and tonight.