Thread: Quick quiz
View Single Post
Old 11-22-2007, 01:33 AM

Default Re: Quick quiz

[ QUOTE ]
A) what is a typical range that villain will check/call a bet with ?

[/ QUOTE ]

QJ, JT, J9, T9, T8, 98, 87, 76, 99-44, A9, A8, Axcc, KQcc, QTcc, KJcc, KTcc, 56cc, Kxcc (obviously, some of these are raising some % of the time)

[ QUOTE ]
B) what is your equity against that range? (No pokerstove!)

[/ QUOTE ]

Id guess around 73% when he just calls

[ QUOTE ]
C) Now you have A9 on the same flop. What is your equity ?

[/ QUOTE ]

hmmm, hes less likely to have a 9x hand now, and now many of his unpaired draw hands have an overcard or 2, I also have less equity against the hands he has that are beating me. Id say it prolly drops to like 65%, but it also means I wont get as much value on the turn since im more likely to play pot control on lots of cards.

[ QUOTE ]
Since we couldn't use pokerstove for this quiz, list at least 2 factors that you used to conclude on an equity number.

[/ QUOTE ]

estimation of the most likely hands he has via estimating hand combos, and the outs those hands have vs me, and multiplied by 4 for his approximate equity, then just took the complement. Adjusted up or down slightly based on how I thought he would play the hands that beat me, or the hands that had more outs than what the mean hands had.

edit: I just stoved it, I pretty much nailed it with AA for my estimation <font color="white">(got 71%) </font> , but the A9o plummeted my equity much more than I thought it would, it fell to <font color="white">58% </font>.