View Single Post
Old 11-22-2007, 01:31 AM

Default Re: I make a silly play postflop, and try to justify it.....

[ QUOTE ]

Also, I'd check the river here. Don't think we have a value bet or any FE.

[/ QUOTE ]

I do think the river play is close becuz of the pot size. With 10BB's in there we dont have to fold a pocket pair very often for this bet to be profitable. And lets not forget that our hand ties all Ax hands, so getting another Ax to fold would be a huge victory also. Im not saying that betting the river is better than a check down, but that river card + large pot size + credibility of strength hero has gained from his combined play on the three earlier streets leads me to conclude that hero's river play is "Ok".

There is also another benefit to betting this river that comes into play if we expect to play against these villain's alot in the future:

1) If were called on the river anybody who's paying attention will take note of the hero's "spewy" play and I think thats a very good thing.

2) If we're not called on the river, the preflop 3bettor will never see that we ran this value/bluff play on him which means we can possibly run this again on him. This point is probably a weak argument since this type of play probably doesnt come up very often.